What I Believe
As so many post a Statement of Faith, let me say that
naturally I believe in the basics of the Gospel. Almost anyone can
reiterate the tenets of Salvation, the Word of God, the Virgin Birth, redemption
only through the Blood of Jesus Christ, and the Doxology without seeming too
outrageous. But what do they really believe?
Let me spell out some of the more specific things that I
If you disagree, you can always tell us why.
If you agree but need further clarification, you can always ask us why.
- I believe in the Sinner's Prayer because it really works.
Baptism by water is a necessary event after you have come to a place of
repentance, but baptism by water alone is only the "answer of a good
conscience toward God". You must repent and believe the Gospel and
then be baptized. (More)
- I believe that Grace is not an excuse to sin, but the
power that God gives you to overcome it.
- I believe in the chilling, awesome Fear of God that
causes you to tremble before God, not the "awesome respect" that
is popular today.
Scriptures about the Fear of God)
- I believe that God holds us responsible for sin that we
have committed after Salvation, even to the point that, if we continue in
sin and consciously reject God's Grace, we could lose our Salvation and end
up in Hell.
The Grace of God is not an excuse to sin, but rather, the power that God
gives us to overcome sin.
- I believe that if you are in sin, you cut yourself off
from God and He won't listen to your prayers until you repent. (see:
Prayers and Sin)
- I believe we will go through the Great Tribulation, but I
don't believe the issue is worth getting into a debate over and losing sight of
what our real
focus should be on.
(see When is the
- I believe we are in the Last Days of time, and that it
is closer than we really think.
- I believe that the Old Covenant was broken on the
Cross. All the Jewish festivals and ordinances were only
foreshadowings to bring us to faith in Christ and those ordinances in the
flesh were nailed to his Cross
(Col. 2). The observance of these things will never bring us into
- I believe there is a price to pay to walk in the Spirit
of God. It is not just a given because you believe that God exists.
You have to be doers of the Word.
- I believe in the sufferings of the Body of Christ
- I believe that real Christians are warriors who know
how to storm the Throne of God in prayer, and to take a bold stand for the
Truth -- regardless of the consequences.
- I believe Christians are commanded to give, not only in
finances, but in prayer and witnessing.
- I believe that very few will choose the narrow path,
and most people will end up in Hell
- I believe that theological scholasticism is a trick of
the Devil going all the way back to the Garden of Eden when Eve chose the
wrong tree. Unfortunately, many of our Bible colleges and
seminaries are based on it.
- I believe that the Church is in the midst of one of the
worst times of Apostasy it has ever been in, and doesn't realize
- I believe that the doctrine of Prosperity is a doctrine
that will lead Christians down a path that leads away from the Cross.
We have a natural propensity to want to be blessed, but the Lord calls us to
face our own death so that we can live through Him.
- I believe in the Textus
Receptus. The others are
based on corrupt texts stemming from Origen, leading through Constantine,
and up to Wescott and Hort and do not travel the same path as the Textus
Receptus. (To see how the NIV compares, take our
NIV Test) Having said that, however, I do not believe that you can
make a religion out of the King James Version. It does not give you the moral
high ground to make it your righteousness. God can speak through
the mouth of a jackass.
- I believe that Christians are making a choice during
these times as to whether they are satisfied with "church as
usual", or are hungry for something more.
- I believe that all real moves of God are more of a form
of rebellion for a new move of God, rather than a restoration or revival of something that
- I believe there will be one last great revival, but it
will not come through the churches, but will be through stones whom God
will raise up.
- I believe that everything boils down to reading and
prayer -- mixed with Faith and the Fear of God, which is what defines the
Love of God. Without it you can't do
anything, but with it you can
overcome all things.
- I believe in the Old Time Gospel. It was good
enough for Paul and Silas.
Is that enough to rattle some modernistic cages? I hope